We stayed for two weeks at Evlalia. We've booked through a travel agency and was given a studio apartment.
First of all it's important not to expect a hotel. There isn't the usual hotel structure and everything are very relaxed. For example are the apartments placed in several buildings around the area. An area who deserves some compliments because of its lovely nature which is giving a nice feeling of "not living in a touristed hotel".
- Lovely green area and a good pool. Many of the apartments have a view of Skopelos Town and the bay in front of them.
- A/C and wifi was working well and were free
- The staff/owners was very limited in English when help was needed
- The relaxed atmosphere were also meaning that a family dog and cat ran around the hotel. In our situation the consequence was a cat sleeping on our doorstep the first week. When we asked for help, there were no solution available, besides throwing a little water after the cat or saying some sharp sounds. It didn't work so the cat was coming back every now and then when eating for example. The solution became placing bottles outside our stairs which helped on our problem. We really isn't cat-people and although the relaxed atmosphere was great, we don't think it should be something we should use our energy on in a expensive vacation.
- The cleaning was not acceptable at arrival. Actually we did wash up all the eating utensils because of old leftovers.
Summarizing, it is a lovely place with beautiful surroundings. Our apartment was worn, but we're really aren't the types prioritizing that. Although we've got a feeling of a bit lazy approach from the staff. It should be clean and we shouldn't use our time on holding the cat off or cleaning some aspects of the room at arrival.
We were a little anxious before we arrived given some of the reviews, but quickly realised they had been unfair. We booked two superior studios... that's possibly a little deceptive, however the view from our studio was, I can imagine, one of the best in Skopelos town... stunning! The rooms were quiet with good air conditioning. We had a leak in our bathroom and a problem with our door but when I reported these the next morning they were fixed that day.
My one criticism would be the 'self-catering' aspect as I would have found it very challenging to knock up a family meal with the facilities and equipment we had, even pooling the equipment from both rooms!!
The swimming pool and surrounding area and pool bar was lovely. Quiet, clean and all of the Evlalia staff were friendly and welcoming. We had a wonderful holiday and would definitely recommend these studios... it wasn't luxury accommodation but it was absolutely perfectly fine for our needs. We would come back and thank you for having us!
I would like to recommend Evlalia hotel in Skopelos with unique Greek atmospheres there. Hotel offered very nice apartments with full staff of the kitchen. All apartments have a wonderful view for sea, port, Skopelos town. The hotel is located in beautiful garden with very nice swimming pool, very clean. The owner is very helpful and patience about all guests.
it's almost shocking to read reviews from Polish tourists located in this hotel with grecos travel agency, I didnt even know that there are categories of rooms (like C for grecos guests), probably we were very lucky because our room wasnt definitelly c category. for us it was very good hotel for this price, we were staying there with our 4 y.o daughter, we all had separate beds, small's bed was good enough to have good sleep, we had a room with very nice balcony and fantastic view, we cant say anything bad also about owners, all people were really very helpfull, our room was big, bathroom was quite ok, nothing was damaged, we had big kitchen space, i was cooking one full week ,and everything was working without problems. the only minus was water in the pool quite cold which was a little bit too cold for our child. Skopelos town and island itself is fantastic, we were there after holidays in Zante and Cephalonia and in comparison to them we just fell in love with Skopelos island.
Great location with lovely views, studio spotless and plenty large enough. Pool bar was not open during our visit and it is a 15 min walk to the nearest supermarket downhill, uphill carrying shopping back. Very quiet will not be back.