i guess the title say it all already. if you are looking for an affordable place to stay in station 1 boracay then beachcomber is the perfect place.. it has its own pool and their restaurant is just a few steps to the beach.. willy's rock is also a 5 minute walk from the resort.
The hotel is really nice and the design is so modernize. The hotel room is really awesome and i hope that i can stay there longer. Staffs and receptionist are really accomodating. The only thing that i didnt like about is the hotel offer wifi but it doesnt work and the pool is under maintainance.The bar beside the beach is so nice hope i could hang on there for a while but it seems that the schedule provided for our activities was so hectic.Hope to see you again when i get back to bora.
We were a family of 3 including a 1 year old. We stayed from November 14 -17, 2016. Our room was the premier room with 2 Queens, separate shower and bathtub, mini fridge, cable TV, very small vault (which we didn't bother using), a small cabinet and an outside sitting area which we also never sat on.
WHAT WE LOVED:
- Location is at station 1. It's not beachfront and you have to cross the street which would take you 1 minute walking slowly. The sand there is magnificently powdery and super fine. We walked most of the shoreline and the sand on our spot is fantastic.
- Staff are excellent. Service is very good. They will try to please you and I have stayed at fancier hotels with less than Beachcomber level of service.
- Cheap! We booked through traveloka and used an additional discount through the app which brought the total of our stay to an amazing less than US$156 (PhP7500) for 3 nights with free set breakfast. We chose this hotel because of its location and our only wishlist is that we have 2 Queens and a bathtub and a pool. This is the only hotel on the island with this room configuration with a pool on this budget.
- We ordered our breakfast the night before and we asked them to be sent to our room the second day and the next day at the pool side. Breakfast tho is very average. Portions are smallish. Choice of Pinoy food or some American? (Ham, bacon) with coffee or tea. Juices are at an additional price.
- We asked for a drying pole for wet clothes which you can safely leave outside of your room and not get stolen because of security.
- Feel free to ask for additional beach towels.
- Restaurant at beachfront is also for guests with sun loungers. Staff there will assist you especially. And look after your things.
- NEAR an ATM, mini grocery, medical clinic and restaurants. Amazeballs!
- Has a small clean pool
- We checked in early and was asked to pay additional 200pesos per hour but they waived it off when I asked if they could help me out. Hehehe
WHAT WE DIDN'T LIKE:
- Rooms could do better cleaning. Tho I'm afraid the state of the room and bathrooms are due to very old age.
- First time I was given towels with holes on them. Didn't mind them and we had a laugh but hey we got it very cheap.
- Coffee isn't free and when you buy it, it's instant.
- Water temperature is spotty.
- If hotel would refurbish and some major renovations are made, this hotel would be five star! The location is just unbeatable.
- Cellphone Signal in the rooms are abysmal. We didn't bother getting their wifi and instead used a mobile data service but you can only use it outside the rooms.
- No generator. We had a bit of black out for around 15 minutes at 2am
- You have to be careful locking your room because there is no door only a sliding door. There is a trick to it so it won't open easily. But basically you're not really getting secure locked doors hahaha. We opted to put our more expensive stuff inside our locked luggages.
- bathroom has no space for your stuff literally.
- Ask the front lobby for a guide book which they will give you for free with a discount card.
- Ask for your breakfast poolside!
- Eat at Mamita's across the road because they serve delish food. They have an air conditioned room when you feel too hot and a high chair which apparently the white beach restos don't have.
- The Mini Stop store a little ways to the side sells bottled water, chilled coffee (yum!) And cheap sundae and cheap foods like fried chicken and dimsum if you're really on a budget. The clinic is beside the store. As well as the atm.
- Ride the tricycle everywhere for only 60pesos per ride. No matter how far or close the distance. Don't be scammed. It happens.
- Ask the hotel for activities they can recommend and only get Tours at station 1 tables beside the Astoria Hotel or at your hotel to be sure.
- Don't miss sunsets. Beautiful!
I booked this hotel last August 2015 and the officer in charge, Ms. Caryl was kind enough to let us make our down payment 21 days before our arrival. We are 4 adults and was assigned in their premier room, with good air con, mini ref, cable tv, a separate bathtub and shower and with 2 queen size bed. The room is big enough and very spacious. The complimentary breakfast was in big serving, a choice of american or filipino breakfast, enough to fill your day. But what impress me most was the good service from the officer in charge, to the front desk, kitchen crew, housekeeping, and duty guards. They see to it that guests will be satisfied with their needs. All my request was granted, and they even help me surprise my friend who is celebrating her birthday on our last day. The hotel has also pool which you can enjoy after a tiring island hopping. I guess the only down side is there's a certain odor coming from the bathroom at times (not always) i don't know what it is, but it's tolerable. Anyway, i would still come back to this place if i have the chance to, no doubt about it. Thank you again Ms. Caryl for all your help.
I moved from my little beach guesthouse in Station2 to Beachcomber because it was too packed & noisy throughout the days & nights.
Room costs was double but IMHO really worth it!!
Was assisted by smiling Security Staff when i reached early during lunch time.
Smiling Front Staff attended to me promptly & attentively.
Got a knock on my 2nd level Honeymoon Suite(i was solo but loved the AGODA descriptions of the room) & got my Welcome Drink, before i have even unpacked my luggage.
Checked out the room amenities & was satisfied very everything from the the living room, sofa, fridge, bathroom with bathtub, Big TV with cable channels, Balcony with rocking chair & table. It was really good i relax at rhe balcony before i unpacked , change into beach attire & crossed the small single lane road to Beachcomber's Beachfront Cafe.
Relaxed there with my fruit juice under the hot sun reading my novel.. the Ocean was literally 20 steps away from beach lounger.
Had a coffee & some snacks there happily watching other tourists walk by.. it was less chaotic then the Station2 beach.
Took a bath & went out to D'mall via a Shared Tricycle hailed by the Security Staff.
What came next was the reason i give such high ratings to this Hotel.
My 945am Cebu Pac flight from Caticlan to Cebu was cancelled without an option to rebook.
The front office staff chatted with me & another Israeli tourist while they weighed my options & eventually booked & confirmed a 725am Caticlan flight to Cebu for me. That was at nearly 1130pm at night. Eventually they helped me do a web check-in , printed my boarding pass & intinerary & confirmed a Transfer from Beachcomber to Caticlan Airport via Southwest Tours.
At 4am, i woke up , returned my room keys to wait in front of the hotel for my transfer.
Night Security was waiting with me till Southwest's Mini Bus arrived.
THIS IS UNBEATABLE SERVICE. I was very happy & glad when i stepped into Beachcomber & left for the Airport , so happy that i made the correct hotel selection. Fantastic 5 Stars Service!!