We had a nice relaxing stay, the hotel overall was nice & clean, rooms were basic but had everything you need including a fridge & TV, the bathroom was very large with a good walk in shower, the pool area had many sunbeds that were comfortable & you didn't have to get up early to reserve 😊, the pool area was nice & quiet & also had a Jacuzzi, at the bar area was an honesty book that you just filled in what you had & were billed at the end of your holiday this worked very well, the breakfast was adequate, we only had BB board, so can't comment on the evening meals, as others have stated there was a walk into the main town & quiet a steep hill coming back up, but we enjoyed the walk, & there is a short cut opposite the sister hotel just down the road from this hotel, so not suitable for people with walking difficulties, the only other negative, the mattress was way to hard, there is firm & then there is hard would suggest the hotel to change these, we would stay here again if we returned to this area of Portugal.
This is a small friendly hotel with personal unobtrusive service. The food is fantastic, the pool area is clean with a hot tub and spa - enough sunbeds and shades for everyone. The restaurant staff are excellent with one lady speaking several languages keeping everyone happy. The food service was speedy, food was great and bar prices reasonable. It is about 10-15 mins to beach down hill - beach is fantastic - sandy with sunbeds and shade at 15 euros for 2 all day. You can get a taxi into the Old Town for around 6 euros if you are looking for night life - well worth a visit. All in all, we had a great two weeks and I would definitely return. This hotel is suitable for all ages from teens upwards, however, it is not suitable for young children. If you want a calm relaxing holiday - this is it.
The many reasons I chose this hotel for our two week holiday actually still stand, and do significantly out-way the negatives.
1. A 15 minute walk away from the hustle and bustle, you really do feel like you're staying in your own villa. It is very residential around with lots of large houses and villas.
2. It maybe a walk up but anybody who has no issues with walking will have no problems and it is ideally situated for the Marina and the old town. There is a supermarket literally down the hill 5 mins away and a nice bar for a halfway stop.
3. The rooms are large and very well presented for a 3 star and has everything you need. A small fridge and a safe (10 euros a week), no tea and coffee facilities but we don't insist on that as a necessity as others I know do. Also, good thick walls so no noise from other rooms. Except from people slamming their doors instead of shutting them, but you get these people everywhere you go. Bathrooms very good size with good water pressure in the shower.
4. Pool area, fantastic, lovely comfortable sunbeds with very good large parasols. No towels at dawn here, we literally could be on our own until mid-day and always able to get a sunbed at whatever time of day. So quiet everybody was just reading their books. Also, a hot tub which was in constant use if you like that sort of thing.
1. The breakfast is really not as good as other might suggest. the breads were very good and fresh. There was the usual meats and cheese on the continental side, the brie was a nice treat but it was cut into about 10 small slices and when it was gone it was gone. The yogurt was in individual pots and was not of good quality. The fruit was cut in half so went dry on the outsides and the bananas were browning. The attempt at an English was baked beans, scrambled eggs and slimy bacon not crisped and all left in servers with no way of keeping it warm. The sausages were changed daily but English sausages were only available once or twice a week.
2. This hotel and their sister hotel accept small dogs. We were not made aware of this by Thomson or on the hotel website. We had a dog that was barking for an hour and a half in the morning and could be heard by the pool. We thought it was in a villa near by at that time. Then it started again in the afternoon, but the worst was in the night. My husband went downstairs and had to use the emergency phone number as there are no staff at night and say about the dog. Eventually the owner came and he did sort the issue, but the police had to be called as the owners of the dog got a bit threatening. They were made to leave the next day. So the management were good and did erase the issue but I do think accepting dogs really can pose problems for them even if they do have a dog policy that they follow, particularly in this case as the owners just went out and left the dog alone all day.
3. We did not swim in the pool and used it purely as a dip to cool down as bits in the pool at the beginning of the holiday were still there at the end. We could see no filter and the water did not move only in the wind, so we had our suspicions that it actually was not being refreshed in anyway, and you could see the surface was very oily with suntan lotion. Which brings me to the hot tub. I saw no one cleaning that either in the time we were there and having worked in the beauty industry I know that these things are a breeding ground for bacteria, with all of the dead skin that is being exfoliated off the bodies that frequent them.
We had a pleasant holiday and would happily return as this really is a good little hotel with many good points.
Very nice staff hotel maybe a few years ago would have been lovely, it's situated on a very steep hill not recommended for elderly people if your planing on walking , threre is a marina very close with restaurants and bars or a 15 min walk to the beach or old town square, the hotel has a large pool very clean, some exercise machines and what looks like a very recently jacuzzi, nice sun loungers with cushions,cushions could do with a clean they are rubber, there is a honesty bar where you can help yourself to drinks and snacks if the staff aren't around just put your room number down and what you have taken,good idea
The hotel was clean, friendly & quiet, away from the town near the marina (only 15mins or so) the staff were friendly & helpful.The rooms were clean & fresh. The breakfast was self service with a good selection of hot & cold food with cheese & ham & fruit / yogurts etc and the bar drinks were also self service on a trust basis by writing in book whatever you selected & added to bill at end of stay . I would definitely recommend this for a quiet relaxing break in beautiful surroundings.