This was our second visit to the Atlantis and once again we had a fantastic time. The bar staff work so hard and are always smiling! Rooms were always cleaned well. Fantastic evening shows. Thanks to Martin, Kerem, Musti, Emrah, Sonner, Alper and to all the others who made it a great holiday for us.
This was our second visit to Atlantis - the first was in 2013. We are a family group with two kids - son 13 daughter 10 and travelled together with another UK family. When we booked our holiday the choice to return to Atlantis was based on our fantastic experience in 2013 - we have stayed at five other properties in Belek and for sure Atlantis offers the best overall experience. The entertainment is fantastic and the team who deliver it are outstanding - great job and thanks Martin and team. The food and beverage choice is excellent and the service even better - well done especially to Soner (Superman) however the whole team are stars. Rooms and indeed the whole property are sparkling clean....and our beds were very comfortable. We really were looked after above and beyond expectations and would recommend this hotel to anyone - especially with kids. There's a great balance of nationalities which makes the atmosphere cordial and inclusive - some properties can be dominated by having a vast majority of guests from one nation - Atlantis doesn't which is a huge positive.
Thanks again team Atlantis - look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Fevzi and Eren two very friendly waiters! The hotel has a large choice of food and the staff in general is quick and polite. The beach is clean and even if you don't like salt water there are over 5 pools to enjoy!
I was there in July with the family. Well, the resort is not new, it is rather old fashioned compared to other new modern resorts. Food is average, as a matter of fact, my wife caught a bacteria last day and we had to take her to the hospital when we came back home. Part of the buffet is indoor and another part is outdoor and in high temperatures I'm not sure if it is safe to have for example eggs or fish cooked and served outdoor. Staff in general not friendly, of course we cannot generalize, but many aren't friendly. The activities held during the day by the animators aren't much and some of the animators are really boring. At night some of the shows are really very nice, but the seating is bad, instead of seating the audience on the pillows on the floor (stairs) they use chairs and tables, which make places limited when crowded. In terms of visitors, most of the visitors are from east Europe. If I would go there again, no!
We've stayed in this hotel for over a week with my extended family, 6 adults and one baby. I will first mention good things and then move to the things that could be improved:
1. Very decent food, we could always find something great during breakfast, lunch, and dinner
2. Nice indoor pool of a good size that is available for everyone who is trying not to stay under the sun during the hottest time of the day
3. Big sea zone, enough for swimming freely
4. Not overcrowded even during the busiest time
5. Friendly nice stuff (most of it) that tries to do their best, thanks a lot to the GR and Reception stuff. Special thanks to Maria who was of a big help when we were receiving our visitors. Also when our. Any got sick we received some fruits and a get better letter to the room - nice touch.
6. We once received a pavilion to use for free as a bonus (it costs €50 a day otherwise)
Areas for improvement:
1. Extremely unpleasant check-in experience: we were tired after the flight with a small baby in hands, however nobody offered a place to seat and a drink even though there were not a lot of people waiting around. I believe when hotel position itself as a 5* resort, they should think thoroughly about their welcome experience as it sets the tone. Besides right after check-in once we got in the room we were called back to the reception to find out that there is price discrimination/policy in the hotel (probably it exists on other resorts, but I mention it since it is the first time I have it, it's is my first visit to Turkey). Part of our family was from Russia, but the trip was paid for by the EU part of the family --> the hotel has a rule that for Russian citizens rate is 10€/day higher than for EU citizens. I understand what can cause such a difference in price (alcohol maybe?) and I asked for an exception for us as we drink almost no alcohol. The reception manager was very friendly and in the end he was able to make an exception and let us not to pay extra since we came as a family but I had to go to the reception twice and send extra documents in the first couple hours of my stay being quite tired and dreaming to get some rest. Besides I had to wait another 24 hours being worried if I have to pay extra €300 or not.
We also received a different room type - instead of having 3 standard rooms we got one standard room and one family room. It was positioned as upgrade even though 2 standard rooms are more expensive than one family room. Rooms are quite old, closet doors are creaking.
2. Food: I was really lacking healthy options outside of breakfast/lunch/dinner. Snacks are represented mostly by bakery, sweets and fast food. It would be amazing to have some simple fruits/vegetables/youghurts/nuts available 24/7 in the fridges
3. Room: I specifically mentioned in the email to the hotel that we are coming with a baby and I asked for the quiet room, however we got the room facing the central show scene and it is very noisy during the day animation (when the baby needs to nap) and from 21:00 when the baby need to go to sleep. It added certain stress to my vacation and I didn't rest as well as I could have rested in a quiet room, especially having my baby sick in last 2 days. I understand that rooms are always subjected to availability and hotel is fully booked, but I believe that for the guests with babies having a 2 week notice in hand the hotel could do a better job.
4. Beach could be cleaned better and stones from the first couple meters in the water (where most of the people stay and where the children play) should be removed to have just a painless sand there.
5. For some reason some requests are very difficult to get done: it took me three visits to GR to have 2 blankets being brought to the room and I didn't succeed with my request to have 2 big water bottles be brought every day today the room, though I asked for it 4 times 4 days in a row - we had to bring it ourselves from the restaurant (which is not a big deal but I don't really understand what is a problem with such a minor request).
6. Doctor in the hotel is quite expensive - $100 for a 3 minutes examination and they don't take anything but cash - be prepared
7. AC in the room is weak - during the day it stays hot - big deal for us as we are not the sun lovers and spend lunch time in the room
8. Laundry - there is no affordable laundry around (hotel laundry prices start from €2 for having a pair of socks washed) --> come well prepared with a lot of clean clothes
9. Cockroaches: we caught two in the room
I'm not sure I come again to this hotel, but probably it is just an unlucky experience of our own as I see a lot of other positive reviews here.