FLIGHT RAJA TRAVELS PRIVATE LIMITED widely known as "VIA"
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
CIN: U63040KA2007PTC04 41672
Corporate Social Responsibility ("CSR") is a concept whereby corporate entities integrate social and environmental concerns in their business operations and in their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis. It is a very well known fact that a corporate entity cannot exist in isolation. A business enterprise cannot be oblivious to societal and environmental development. The corporate entities are empowered and possess great potential to significantly influence the surroundings in which it operates. The main purpose of an entity must be beyond creating wealth i.e, towards attaining sustainable development and to create stakeholder value. CSR is the continuing commitment by the Company to behave ethically and contribute to the economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and the society at large.
OUR CSR VISION
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
In this era of Globalisation, liberalization and advances in communication technology, there is an alarming increase in the awareness of the CSR throughout the World. We firmly believe that ‘charity begins at home’ and if we want a better, safer, cleaner and healthy environment then we must take an initiative, first step to begin our journey towards striking a balance between the societal needs, economic development and eco-friendly environment through various CSR activities.
Every individual has inter alia the Right to Life, Right to live with dignity, Right to education, Right to clean and healthy environment which are engraved in the Constitution of India. The responsibility is cast upon the Government to ensure that these Rights are protected and are not exploited. We realize that this responsibility must be shared by each and every individual, especially by corporate entities to eradicate hunger, poverty, upliftment of the downtrodden society, provide education and protect the environment. We will strive to emerge as one of the best Corporate Citizens.
IDENTIFICATION OF PROJECTS
We have taken due care and diligence in listing out the projects and areas in which we would be carrying out our CSR activities. After various discussions among the top level management of our Company, we were able to list out following activities however, we are not limiting ourselves to these activities.
1) Education :
- Formal and in-formal education
- Balwadis for elementary education
- Quality primary education
- Scholarships for under-privileged children and technical education for boys
- Organizing workshops in areas that can turn hobbies into profession
- Teaching self defensive mechanism for all women
- Child education and adult education programmes
- Helping needy schools and orphanages by meeting their asset requirements.
2) Eradication of hunger and malnutrition :
- Providing mid-day meals for school children
- Providing drinking water which is free from contamination
- Medical advice and providing food supplements to pregnant women and new born offspring's
3) Conservation of environment :
- Promote eco-friendly products
- Abolition of usage of plastics and other harmful products
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance
- Protection of flora and fauna
- Promoting aforestation, planting of saplings
- Maintain quality of soil, air and water
4) Protection and maintenance of historical buildings and sites :
- Preservation of India's rich heritage and culture
- protect the national monuments, museums
- setting up public libraries
5) Prime Minister's National Relief Fund
We will implement the above mentioned activities in any
of the following manner
- programmes undertaken by us at various work centers
to the best possible extent
- We may seek help of any registered NGO, Trust,
society or agency, which shall have a track record of three
years in undertaking similar programs or projects
- Collaborating or pooling with other companies for
undertaking projects or programmes or CSR activities in such
manner that the CSR Committees of respective companies are in
a position to report separately on such projects or
programmes in accordance with the rules as prescribed under
the Companies Act, 2013
- Other like minded stakeholders, undertaking the above
mentioned CSR activities and this may ensure execution of CSR
activities on a wider scale.
- We will educate our employees about our initiative
towards CSR activities, and seek their help in executing and
effective implementation of our CSR policy.
We will also ensure that in case any CSR activity is carried out for the benefit of our employees, it will not be considered as part of CSR activities. We claim that in case any benefit or profit arising out of CSR activity carried out by it will not form part of our business profit.
The CSR programmes or activities undertaken in India only shall amount to CSR Expenditure.
ROLE OF THE BOARD
The Board of Directors is required to approve the CSR Policy after considering recommendations of CSR Committee. The Board shall make sure that, the;
- activities included in CSR Policy are related to activities included in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013
- activities as included in CSR Policy are undertaken by our Company
MONITORING AND FEEDBACK
Effective steps to be implemented:
- Since our preferred areas are places situated in and around Bangalore, especially the rural areas near Bangalore, we will be able to diligently carry out CSR activities so that the benefit reaches the desired audience
- To ensure effective implementation of the CSR programmes undertaken at each work centre, a monitoring mechanism will be put in place by the CSR Committee. The progress of CSR programmes under implementation would be reported to the corporate office on a quarterly basis.
- The CSR Committee at the corporate office will conduct impact studies on a quarterly basis, on the proper functioning of the implemented CSR programmes.
- Appropriate documentation of the Company’s CSR Policy, annual CSR activities, executing partners if any, and expenditure entailed will be undertaken on a quarterly basis and the same will be available in the website for public reference.
- The CSR policy and their progress will also be reported in the yearly Annual Report and Board's Report of our Company.
- CSR Committee shall give a responsibility statement that implementation and monitoring of the CSR Policy is in compliance with CSR objectives and policy of our Company.