Near Kavanatinkara Bridge,686563,Kumarakom,Kerala,India304 Reviews
Nr New Nazarath Church Kumarakom,Kumarakom,Kerala,India14 Reviews
Room ServiceLaundryParking Facility
Near Kavanatinkara Bridge,686563,Kumarakom,Kerala,India2 Star Hotel
Check in 12:00
Check Out 12:00
Backwater Retreat-Houseboats is good hotel in Kumarakom.
Backwater Retreat-Houseboats4 Images
Near Kavanatinkara Bridge,686563,Kumarakom,Kerala,India
Overall Rating4.5Rating from 304 reviews
What People are saying
I would recommend Yuvatrip for…
sunaxismaxon 15/11/2017 06:16
I would recommend Yuvatrip for booking a holiday. We used the online booking facility and this was easy to use and had all the costs and what was included clearly shown. Our paperwork arrived in time and we had no issues booking with them. The holiday was great and again no complaints regarding the hotel, service or transfers. All in all a great holiday.
It was a wonderful experience.
Naveena Pon 04/11/2017 21:50
We went on a trip here recently and the experience was very nice.. We actually booked to the wrong airport and there was few other miscommunications in the plan since it was booked in a hasty way... in spite of all those confusions we created Mr.Kurian took extrem care and made sure our trip was memorable. the food was very homely and delicious.. the massage place he suggested was very authentic and good.. very refreshing and rejuvenating.. not to miss the place was very good and the houseboat was very clean and compact for two people... a must go place for a simple, calm and refreshing trip.. thanks again Mr.Kurian.. :)
Fabulous time and the Service and Care and an awesome day to cherish
SNEHA Aon 16/10/2017 15:17
Well, it says the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement and I wonder after my last visit to Backwater retreat how much will they improve next time if i visit them, But these guys just always gives the customer at their heart and just went on to show how much they can get better. I was extremely satisfied with my previous visit to backwater retreat and I promised them if the next time I come to Kumarakom it will be with them again, and this time it was an unexpected visit and a last minute arrangement but backwater retreat hasnt done a marvellous job to exceed my expectation, i had a night stay at Backwater retreat theme house resort and i was really surprised to see the modifications they have done to the rooms and the bathroom, this now can compete with any upper-class resorts. They server one of the best homely food I ever had and this time it was Karimeen Pollichatu and King Prawns fry, just cant get rid off the taste from my mouth and the it was so tasty that i didn't want to leave the dining table even after i had my tummy full!
The house boat stay had everything you can ask for including a perfect rainy day setting up the mood straight away after we left the boat jetty, we had a long cruise and i really enjoyed the time, the staffs were so friendly and they take maximum care to make your day perfect. The food served was as good as in the resort and I just felt at home in the middle of the lake!
The owner Mr Kurian and his son took great effort in making all the arrangements for me especially cooking the food the way i wanted, heart felt thanks to you all.
I can promise there is more visits to kumarakom coming up , and next time i am planning to take all my friends from my work to this fabulous place.
Hareendranath Con 16/10/2017 12:21
It was a short trip arranged by yathra.one night stay at resort.neat and clean rooms.A/c is in good condition. Its very calm& quite place.feel like u r in jungle.very good service. Food was excellent. Second day we spend in the house boat.memorable trip.neat & clean rooms ,good service,tasty food.we totally enjoyed.
Abhinav Don 29/09/2017 11:12
First, this location is not Alleppey but Kumarakom. all web searches, travel vouchers, etc show this incorrectly hence please note this difference.
We stayed at this place for 1 night but there overall experience was a total disappointment for the following reasons:
- the house boat is old and in serious need for refurnishing. the bed, pillows, washroom is unbearable and looked thoroughly overused and unchanged from many years.
- when we landed, we were told that the boat would have just 5 hours of actual travel time (owner has this in small prints in the booking voucher). this was a disappointment as the boat stops for staff rest period after lunch (in the heat). also they return back to the starting point by 6pm so you are pretty much left to do nothing on the boat from 6pm onwards (other than drink and squat mosquitoes). There is a DVD player, if thats what you want to do when you come to Kerela
- Air conditioning is switched on only from 9pm to 6am (try this in hot weather and you will understand what i am referring to as bad experience) - lesson learnt - READ FINE PRINT CAREFULLY NEXT TIME
- the boat has a small kitchen area which is where everything gets cooks and is a cramped place. the hygiene is a highly questionably given that there is so much stuff in such a small place.
- the food cook was thoroughly inedible. it would be good for you to ask for the menu in advance and change to suit your taste as what they cook is not something that would please you (taste-wise, choice of veggies, etc)
- we asked for fish but the house boat fish menu was really bad. we were then taken to a backwater pre-designed place to buy fish (which i thought was there own effort to cross sell some of their other offerings) nevertheless that too turned out to be a disaster when the fish came on a plate at dinner time.
overall, we spent 4 days in various locations in Kerela (Munnar, Thekkady and finally in Kumarakom) , where we were really looking forward to a out of world experience in the house boat, yet we were completely disappointed. I am not sure if this is a case for all house boats but recommend all to read fine prints and check out boat refurnished status. we did hope the experience was a lot better.